Wednesday, March 30, 2016

ISIS Kidnaps Indian Catholic Priest

Over the break, I heard rumors about this news story and was disturbed that this could even be true.  Apparently, ISIS troops broke into Mother Teresa's Missionaries of Charity, a refuge for elders in Yemen.  They killed four Indian nuns, two Yemeni female staff members, eight elderly residents, a guard, and kidnapped Father Tom Uzhunnalil.  He was kept in captive by ISIS until Good Friday, when it is rumored that they crucified him.  Recently, however, the ISIS troops released a ransom video demanding millions of dollars in which Father Tom still seems to be alive.  It saddens me that this type of evil is present in our world today.  Just wanted to let everyone know and raise awareness about the story.  I'll definitely be keeping him and all those affected in my thoughts and prayers.

Link

John Walkowski

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I had heard about this. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To say this was a sad event is an understatement. I find it horrifying and flat out wrong that this occurred. It is unfortunate that people (especially those that reside in the middle east) have to fear any results from practicing their religion. I did hear about the crucifixion, but thank you for filling me in on the other killings. I am so thankful to live in a country where it is rare for someone to be killed or persecuted solely due to their religious beliefs - this story only makes me feel angry towards those that oppress...it emphasizes the importance of not oppressing those because of the religion they choose to practice.

    ReplyDelete