Friday, February 12, 2016

Our, us, and we

Hi all.  One thing I've noticed is a lot of "our, us, we" language when describing Christian belief. This type of language assumes that we all share the same perspective. However, one of the great things about being a university student is that you get to explore these topics with a diverse group of people and  not everyone in this class comes from the same religious background!  So, I would encourage when posting to remember that "we," as a class, don't necessarily believe something.

I will say that in class I sometimes say "us" when talking about early Christianity, using "us" to identify as an early Christian.  However, I'm going to try and be more conscientious about not using the first person plural in an attempt to remember that we're not the same as those ancients!  #evenprofessorsarestudents

In the meantime, enjoy this picture of a baby goat in jammies...


No comments:

Post a Comment