Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Virtual Church

After today's class I was curious to find out just how easy it is to attend a virtual church service. I googled "virtual church," and the first result is a website actually called virtualchurch.com (link). It's been established since 2004, so this really isn't a new thing! Until today's class I was unaware of just how common it may be to use the Internet for practicing one's faith. I clicked on the "Start Service" button, and an entire service downloaded to my computer! The more that I familiarize myself with this concept of practicing religion online, the more accepting I am becoming of it!
You guys should check out this website and comment what you think/find!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you sought this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed this link and listened to an online service. It was pretty weird and started out with almost a brand jingle? I was also confused by the people speaking. It sounded like there were segments from different churches and preachers being put together almost at random. I got two sections from what I think was a black Baptist church, and a couple of sections from what i think was a white southern baptist church. Very interesting. Their site needs some serious design work though.

    ReplyDelete